I guess most of you have already heard about the new 2012 Honda Goldwing.
It’s not an all-new bike, but just updated current version of Goldwing. Besides cosmetic changes, here is what’s important:
- improved wind protection, especially for the lower body and legs
- saddlebag capacity is up for 7 liters, so now there is 150 liters of total storage
- updated Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System with brighter color screen
- updated Sound System now supports MP3 players
- better seat and backrest material
- revised suspension settings
- airbag models and non airbag models will be available, where non airbag models get a central storage pocket
- other minor tweaks
|Share this post :|
I believe this could be the last update of current Goldwing generation which is probably made to extend her lifetime till they prepare the next generation. BMW’s upcoming K1600GTL is going to be Goldwing’s main competition, and to be honest, BMW K1600GTL is a better bike. I’m sure Honda is already working on the next all–new generation of Goldwing, but we shall wait and see.
An interesting thing happened on the Motorcycle-USA.com website: at the first place they published a picture of a Goldwing with windscreen wiper and when I came later I couldn’t find that picture anymore. Windscreen wiper – isn’t that too much for a bike?